SHAWARMA HOUSE complies with the Philippine Privacy Laws. To meet the law requirements, we have updated our:
• Collection notices (including contracts, application forms, and other documents where personal information is collected);
• External communications; and
• Internal processes
SHAWARMA HOUSE recognizes the importance of maintaining the confidentiality of our customers' personal information.
What is classified as personal information?
This includes: name, date of birth, current address, previous addresses, telephone numbers, e-mail address, occupation, driver's license number, credit reference reporting, bank account details, credit card details, logon identification numbers, pin numbers, passwords, security codes, geo-location or other electronic identifier. This is not an exhaustive list, for example, we may require additional information to authenticate users, authorized representatives, etc.
How we collect your information:
SHAWARMA HOUSE has various ways in which we collect information, including but not limited to:
• Information provided through the completion of application/registration forms for products/services we provide;
• Information you enter on our website;
• From third parties such as related companies; credit reporting agencies;
• Directly from you via phone/e-mail/letters;
• From our existing records on how you use our services;
• From publicly available sources of information (e.g phone directories);
• Direct Marketing Companies.
If you choose not to provide certain information about you, we may not be able to provide you with the products or services that you require, or the level of service on which we pride ourselves.
How we use your personal information:
We assure you we only collect personal information that is necessary for us to carry out the various functions and activities we undertake for the benefit of our customers. We take all possible steps to ensure that customer information is not disclosed or accessed by unauthorized parties.
Where information disclosure is necessary to fulfill our business commitments to you we may disclose information to persons involved in administering the services, our related entities and business partners.
Sensitive information is only disclosed as authorized or required by the Telecommunications Act 1997 (Cth) and other laws applicable to us.
We may also use your information so that we, our related entities and other business partners can promote and market products, services and special offers that we think will be of interest to you (which may include products, services and offers provided by a third party). This marketing may be carried out in a variety of ways (including by email, SMS/MMS, or social media or by customizing on-line content and displaying advertising on websites) and may continue after you cease acquiring any products or services from us until you opt out. You may opt out by contacting us as detailed in “How to contact us” below.
We may use your information for a range of different purposes, including:
• When providing the products/services you request;
• To conduct credit-worthiness checks through credit reporting agencies;
• As detailed in the section “Credit Reporting” below
• For possible fraud investigations;
• For cross marketing by informing you of other services available to you within the range of SHAWARMA HOUSE products;
• For the distribution of newsletters/flyers;
• To provide upgrades/maintenance of our products/services;
• To government and regulatory authorities and other organizations, as required or authorized by law;
• For the purpose of financing products supplied by SHAWARMA HOUSE.
In some cases, the organizations that we disclose your information, including credit information, to may be based outside Australia, for example, we may disclose your information to our service providers in the Philippines. All such information that is provided is used solely for the purpose of marketing and providing the group's products within SHAWARMA HOUSE.
Re-marketing tracking cookies
SHAWARMA HOUSE uses 3rd party vendor re-marketing tracking cookies, including the Google Adwords tracking cookie. This means we will continue to show ads to you across the internet, specifically on the Google Content Network (GCN) and Google Display Network (GDN). As always, we respect your privacy and are not collecting any identifiable information through the use of Google’s or any other 3rd party remarketing system.
SHAWARMA HOUSE will take all reasonable steps to keep our customer's personal information secure. Staffs are trained to respect privacy and confidentiality of customer information. You can also help us keep your personal information secure by ensuring that any passwords that you use on our web sites are kept strictly confidential, and by always logging off if you are using a shared computer. Please notify us immediately if there is any unauthorized use of your account.
Keeping the information we hold about you up to date
SHAWARMA HOUSE takes all reasonable steps to ensure the information we hold about you is accurate and up-to-date. In order for us to maintain up-to-date information, please assist us by notifying us if your details need updating (e.g. If you have a new address or have changed your name). SHAWARMA HOUSE shall, if requested by the individual, take all reasonable steps to update and correct all personal information held in our customer records. Please contact us as detailed in the Queries tab if you wish to correct or update our records.
How to contact us
If you would like to contact us about a Privacy issue, for example:
• You have any questions in relation to this statement or our management of your information
• You would like to know what personal information we hold about you
• You would like to correct any information we hold about you
• You would like to stop receiving marketing material from us
• You want to make a complaint relating to a Privacy issue
Then please contact us by phone, email, or mail:
Mail: 210 Cecilville Bldg Tandang Sora Quezon City, Philippines
Mobile: 0916 3134211
We will respond as quickly as possible, generally within 3 business days.
How to make a complaint regarding our compliance with the Privacy Act
If you think that we have not complied with the Privacy Act you can make a complaint by using the contact details as above.
We will acknowledge your complaint in writing as soon as practicable within 7 days. We will aim to investigate and resolve your complaint within 30 days of receiving it. If we need more time, we will notify you about the reasons for the delay and ask for your agreement to extend this 30 day period. While we aim to resolve all complaints without needing to involve third parties, if you are not satisfied with the outcome of your complaint you can make a complaint to the Philippine Department of Trade Industry (http://dti.gov.ph/).